Moving. Nomadic. Restless. Grass is greener over there.
This describes my life until 40.
How many times I moved homes, including within same town or city:
Birth to age 17: 3
Age 17-30: 30
Age 30-40: 15
Age 40-45: 0*
*Excluding the entire month of my 40th birthday spent at the Ronald McDonald House and Seattle Children’s Hospital while my daughter was on life support oxygen.
1) I am grateful for finally being able to see the green grass where I am.
2) I am grateful for living on an island full of great walking places with sheep a block away, bald eagles and great blue herons flying above, surrounded by stormy seas in winter and mirrored rainbows in spring.
3) I am grateful for my child who challenges me to grow in all ways, even when I don’t want to.
4) I am grateful for my intuition and trying to honor it more often.
5) I am grateful for my parents who provide a fabulous Thanksgiving feast each year, asking only for me to “bring a green vegetable.” And my siblings who share the table and our childhood.
6) I am grateful to be living at this moment in time and space of tremendous r(evolution) of consciousness and wish for dignity and strength and sustenance for all.