Social media has given us this idea that we should all have a posse of friends when in reality, if we have one or two really good friends, we are lucky. ~ Brene Brown
- Languages: Arabic (to be able to help in some way with the largest humanitarian disaster on the planet), continue to learn Mandarin, re-learn Spanish.
- Basic jazz blues on the piano.
- How to make a fire outdoors without a match – survival skill.
- Scuba. ($$$$)
- Climb a rock. ($$)
- Climb a mountain. ($$$)
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Change a toilet seat. For some reason, 15 years of single parenthood has not left me with this skill. YouTube it is.
- Have a healthy relationship with an offline human being.
P.S. Malcolm Gladwell wrote the 10,000 hour rule of practice theory in his book Outliers. Instead of being able to do a specific skill, he actually refers to becoming a “world-class expert,” those freakishly amazing people that stand out among all others. But mastering a skill is good enough for the rest of us.