All the world’s genius makes books black with words, but simple knowing keeps whole skies filled with light. ~ Rumi
Happy places: Knitting, woods, plants, vegan cooking, distance walking, music, silence.
Paid job: Freelance transcription for media 3 years, after 22 years transcribing medical reports for hospitals.
Dreams of Future: Each day I wake to find I am still here, I start by wishing contentment/peace for all beings including myself and easing of sorrows and difficulties for all beings including myself. Then I dream for a few moments of inhabiting a tiny house with two rooms on or near land to roam, hours among weather and trees, possibly leading nature connection groups for those who are computer or house-bound, teaching others to knit, time to pursue my knitting design craft as a joyful business, freedom from worry about enough funds at the end of the month to build and maintain a fruitful garden structure to protect and grow my own food most of the year. Making dreams of the simple and small a reality has not been so simple or small in my life journey. A tiny house or small space to call my own has been out of reach, even as I trust in abundance in every day experience. I dream also of more travel in my lifetime, though I can be content with travel the mind provides through imagination and reading.
I have thrived on quietly observing nature as long as I can remember.
I am horrifically allergic to most fur-bearing critters and alcohol, so you can imagine how limited my social life is.
I wear a silver bracelet with the word TRUST on it in lieu of a watch, so whenever I want to check the time, I trust I am where I am supposed to be.
I believe the universe sends us messages and synchronicities all the time that are like taps on the shoulder. The watered down version of quantum physics that I can grasp and where it intersects with human consciousness floats my philosophical boat. I find comfort in the idea that form and thought rise and fall, and we are more than form.
May well-being be with all who enter here.
- In August 2012, had my first vacation in 5 years with child, and again 3 days off work in June 2013, June 2014 and June 2015. Hallelujah!
- In 2013, walked my own designed marathon distance (26 miles in 10 hours) to raise funds for CureSearch.
- In February 2014, published my first book of poetry.
- In 2015, completed my first sanctioned marathon (Portland Marathon) while raising funds for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- In 2016, knit countless projects, expanded my toolkit, and donated sweaters and hats to people in need.
- In 2017, I’ve begun designing my own knitting patterns.